Friday, January 11, 2013

SCATTERDAYS 'R'

This week has gone so quickly - I seem to have been busy every day. It wasn't helped by me breaking a tooth and having to go to the dentist. I could not believe what it would cost to save the tooth - there's not much left.  I have decided at my age there's not much sense in spending thousands to save a tooth that no-one can see unless I really grin and that I am not really going to miss. I have 28 others I can use.

This week the letter is 'R' - not quite as difficult as the 'W'.

Transport  -  What could be classier than this Regal Red Rolls Royce. She is a gem.


Technology - the Radio is something I remember with fondness as a child. This is a Reproduction of an early Radio. I remember we had something similar when I was little. It is partnered by a very recent digital Radio. Somehow the old one is more appealing.


Something Red from the sewing room - Recycled Red  folders that I used at school and have now been seconded into other duties.  I must re-label them sometime.




Mammal - I though of plenty of mammals but photographing them was difficult. Those pesky rabbits in my vegetable garden just wouldn't sit still and I got the shock of my life when I opened the door of the granny flat and startled a Rat that had got itself trapped inside and was trying to find a way out. Fortunately he has been trapped and disposed of.

Inspiration hit when I realised that I still had my Christmas decorations on display and there was Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, just waiting to be the star of the show. Here he is checking out the garden.


I hope you all enjoy my interpretation of the letter 'R'.

Liz Needle

8 comments:

  1. Nice collection of Rs!

    You might have to wait for a week to see other people's because Cinzia changed the schedule after conducting her survey, so that it will be fortnightly now. I don't think any announcement was made, I just noticed on Cinzia's blog that she had changed the due date for the Rs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see that Rudolph is still getting some attention this long after Christmas, Liz! I think you won in terms of how early you got your Rs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rudolf is very popular. I also tried to photograph the local rabbit population but the only one to sit still was roadkill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the car and Rudolph checking out the garden. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Rolls! - Now THAT is the way to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever collection...love the two radio's together and Rudy is inspired...the car is a dream....oh those wonderful things of the past..but I suspect I would have been the chauffeur

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Liz, beautiful Radio. Rudolph looks like he is enjoying your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection. How wouldn't love the Red Rolls Royce!!! Sorry a tad late in visiting, but have been in Melbourne doing nanna duties.

    ReplyDelete