Saturday, October 17, 2015

Photo a day 145 - Irises

One thing I love about Spring in the garden is the arrival of the irises. There are so many species and varieties that I get totally confused, but I do know that we have a large number of Bearded iris varieties and these are the ones that are currently flowering in the garden.

We also have several varieties of Japanese iris and Dutch iris, but I have no idea what the botanical name is of either of these. The hardiest of the iris we have is one I call clumping iris as they grow in clumps and increase rapidly. The flowers are short stemmed and prolific, coming in late winter.

These are some of our beautiful Bearded irises. I did post a few earlier this week.













.







Liz Needle  -  linking with "Today's Flowers".




5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Liz, so many beautiful colors! I always look forward to them too. Thank you for sharing them with Today's Flowers and happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always so look forward to my irises...and I don't have that many. But still, really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a great fan of Irisses. But I have to wait for 6 months... Nice you have linked your blog. Groetjes, Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like irises and these are all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete