Friday, October 30, 2015

Photo a Day 150 - Friday Greens

On my recent trip to Sydney I had the chance to explore a little, though I would have liked time to walk around the streets a little more - next time maybe.

I love Sydney - not to live. I don't think I could stand the pace, the traffic, the hustle and bustle - I like a quiet lefe. But I find Sydney dynamic, exciting and invigorating for a holiday. But above all I love Sydney for its beauty - the fascinating old buildings, the history,  the parks and greenery, the stunning coastline and beautiful harbour.

Here are a few photos of some of the pretty houses and green streets.



I liked the contrast of the bright green of the Gleditsia against the grey walls.


This quiet tree lined street is where my daughter lives in Alexandria. Each terrace house has a very small front garden, full of greenery.


One of the pretty houses in the street.


And even the access lane behind the houses has trees as well as all the practical aspects of city living. These lanes were built originally for the night carts to have access to collect the sewerage from the outhouses (outside toilets). Now the lane gives access to garages and back gardens.


Liz Needle  -  linking with "Friday Greens". Visit the other "green" blogs.




1 comment:

  1. Yes it is indeedl ovely whether you look at the front orback of buildings Liz. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete