Friday, January 13, 2017

Discovering Adelaide 1 - How Green is our City

http://nixpages.blogspot.com.au/

I had occasion to go into Adelaide on business yesterday(something I avoid unless absolutely necessary) and having paid for an hour at the parking meter, I found myself with a half hour to go. I was in a business area - towering(for Adelaide) office blocks, reflective glass, concrete, traffic, car parks etc, so I was more than pleasantly pleased to discover this hidden area in the midst of the tall towers.

Made me realise how little I really know my home city and how long it has been since I have actually walked around beyond the central shopping area.










What a pleasant place to sit and relax or have lunch. It is so good to see that areas like this are being planned in conjunction with new buildings.


Liz Needle  -  linking with "Friday Greens".





3 comments:

  1. I think it's essential for us to plant as much greenery as possible in every available bit of soil in our cities, Liz. The concrete, brick and stone is so dehumanising, we need all the green we can have!
    Thanks for taking part in the Friday Greens meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as you know I come from Ireland and green is the colour and it is so important for us to plant more trees. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete